Trauma Program Manager
2022 Start Dates
- Please check this page again in December for the 2022 schedule
This is a 10-week course including live and recorded lectures. Please view the 2021 Trauma Program Manager calendar for full course dates.
Who will Benefit: Trauma Program Managers
Registration Deadline: Registration ends the 15th of the month prior to the class start date
"Katie and the education team with Pomphrey Consulting are amazing! As a new TPM starting a new Trauma Center, I completed the TPM course and several months later took TOPIC and OPTIMAL. I already knew the information taught in both courses, so it made for a great review of this complex information. Their webinars are also very informative and helpful. I feel much more prepared after their courses." - Alita Lanoux, MSN, RN, CPN I Trauma Program Manager Our Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital
Overview: This comprehensive program is designed to provide a solid foundation and standardized approach for the new trauma program manager in the following core areas:
- communication with surgeons, administration, and trauma program staff
- expertise in the Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient, 2014 (aka “Orange Book”), trauma verification preparation, and national, state, and local trauma center resources.
This program covers in-depth each chapter of the Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient, 2014 including Verification Change document and Clarification document.
In addition to an in-depth review of each chapter, additional example resources are provided including but not limited to: clinical guidelines, resumes, lists of needed resources, and survey preparation materials. At the end of this program, the TPM will have a completed Trauma Prep Spreadsheet with each criteria deficiency and a goal for completion date. This spreadsheet will be used to communicate needs and develop a gap analysis with the Trauma Medical Director (TMD) and hospital administration.
The TPMM course was reviewed by an expert Peer Review Committee consisting of surgeons and trauma program managers from various levels of trauma centers throughout the country. The following professionals were members of the TPMM Peer Review Committee:
- Jeff Young, MD, MBA, Director UVA Trauma Center, Professor of Surgery, University of Virginia ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Juan C. Duchesne MD, Professor of Surgery, Section Chief Trauma, Department of Tulane Surgery, Norman McSwain ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Elizabeth V. Atkins, MSN, RN, CCRN-K Trauma Program Director, Grady Memorial Hospital, ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Yvonne Michaud, RN, MSN, former Nurse Director of Trauma at Level I Trauma Center, and Nurse Manager at ABA accredited Burn Center
- Allen Williamson, BSN, RN, CEN, Former Pediatric Trauma Program Manager
- Ambrosia Romig, MPH, CLS(ASCP) Epidemiological Specialist II, Rural and Community Health Systems, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Julie Rabeau, RN EMSRN, Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services, Section of Rural and Community Health Systems, Trauma Program Manager
- Sandra Strack Arabian, MBA, NREMT, CSTR, CAISS, Trauma Program Manager, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Katie Sheets, RN, BSN, CCRN-K, Former Director of Trauma at ACS verified Level II Trauma Center, Louisiana
The program utilizes multiple teaching formats to engage the student in meaningful, active, multimodality learning experiences to foster a deeper understanding and critical thinking skills. This program consists of 16 lectures (live and recorded), basic ICD-10 coding lectures, Anatomy and Physiology lectures, example additional resources needed to meet criterion deficiencies per the American College of Surgeons (ACS), and faculty Q&A. Additional lectures are available for survey preparation, trauma registry, and TQIP. This is truly the foundational instruction for all new trauma program managers or for a review for trauma program managers preparing for reverification.
This continuing nursing education course was approved for 37.5 hours by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Please note: Course & Webinar Policies
To pay by check, please select Pay by Invoice
*The price listed is per attendee.
To pay by credit card, ensure the "Quantity" reflects the number of Attendees, and select "Buy Now."