Trauma Program Manager (July Course Available)
"Katie and the education team with Pomphrey Consulting are amazing! As a new TPM starting a new Trauma Center, I completed the TPM course and several months later took TOPIC and OPTIMAL. I already knew the information taught in both courses, so it made for great review of this complex information. Their webinars are also very informative and helpful. I feel much more prepared after their courses." - Alita Lanoux, MSN, RN, CPN I Trauma Program ManagerOur Lady of the Lake Children’s Hospital
Overview: This comprehensive program is designed to provide a solid foundation and standardized approach for the new trauma program manager in the following core areas:
- communication with surgeons, administration and trauma program staff
- expertise in the Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient, 2014 (aka “Orange Book”), trauma verification preparation, and national, state and local trauma center resources.
This program covers in depth each chapter of the Resources for Optimal Care of the Injured Patient, 2014 including Verification Change document and Clarification document.
In addition to in-depth review of each chapter, additional example resources are provided including but not limited to: clinical guidelines, resumes, lists of needed resources and survey preparation materials. At the end of this program, the TPM will have a completed Trauma Prep Spreadsheet with each criteria deficiency and a goal for completion date. This spreadsheet will be used to communicate needs and develop a gap analysis with the Trauma Medical Director (TMD) and hospital administration.
The TPMM course was reviewed by an expert Peer Review Committee consisting of surgeons and trauma program managers from various levels of trauma centers throughout the country. The following professionals were members of the TPMM Peer Review Committee:
- Jeff Young, MD, MBA, Director UVA Trauma Center, Professor of Surgery, University of Virginia ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Juan C. Duchesne MD, Professor of Surgery, Section Chief Trauma, Department of Tulane Surgery, Norman McSwain ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Elizabeth V. Atkins, MSN, RN, CCRN-K Trauma Program Director, Grady Memorial Hospital, ACS Verified Level I Trauma Center
- Yvonne Michaud, RN, MSN, former Nurse Director of Trauma at Level I Trauma Center and Nurse Manager at ABA accredited Burn Center
- Allen Williamson, BSN, RN, CEN, Former Pediatric Trauma Program Manager
- Ambrosia Romig, MPH, CLS(ASCP) Epidemiological Specialist II, Rural and Community Health Systems, Alaska Department of Health and Social Services
- Julie Rabeau, RN EMSRN, Alaska Dept. of Health and Social Services, Section of Rural and Community Health Systems, Trauma Program Manager
- Sandra Strack Arabian, MBA, NREMT, CSTR, CAISS, Trauma Program Manager, Tufts Medical Center, Boston, MA
- Katie Sheets, RN, BSN, CCRN-K, Former Director of Trauma at ACS verified Level II Trauma Center, Louisiana
The program utilizes multiple teaching formats to engage the student in meaningful, active, multimodality learning experiences to foster a deeper understanding and critical thinking skills. This program consists of 16 lectures (live and recorded), basic ICD-10 coding lectures, Anatomy and Physiology lectures, example additional resources needed to meet criterion deficiencies per the American College of Surgeons (ACS) and faculty Q&A. Additional lectures are available for survey preparation, trauma registry and TQIP. This is truly the foundational instruction for all new trauma program managers or for a review for trauma program managers preparing for reverification.
This continuing nursing education course was approved for 37.5 hours by the Virginia Nurses Association, an accredited approver by the American Nurses Credentialing Center's Commission on Accreditation.
Please note our Course & Webinar Policies
*If purchasing for multiple participants, provide their full name & email in the "Note to Seller" during checkout.
**The price listed is per attendee.
To pay by check, please select Pay by Invoice
To pay by credit card, complete the below questions and select "Buy Now"
* indicates a required field